Thursday, January 03, 2008

Runway Roundup: Week 6


Last night’s ep continued the streak of improvement on season 4. . Things are definitely on the upswing so if you haven’t been watching this season yet, grab a mojito and catch a marathon this weekend on Bravo. This week’s Hershey’s challenge sounded lame on paper but once I saw all the materials the designers had to choose from I quickly came around. I’m beginning to question Mike, Nina and the gang when it comes to judging. While I thought Rami’s outfit (pictured above) was a deserving winner I thought their other two favorites were way off base. Jillian’s licorice outfit was ok but I didn’t think it fit well and while I love Chris, his straightforward brown dress was well done but boring. I thought once again Kevin came through with a super strong design. Sure it wasn’t as fantastical as some of the others, but it was wearable and stylish. On the fantastical side I thought Kit’s namesake dress ran circles around Jillian’s design. Seems like week after week Kit and Kevin are doing great work but are always on the outside looking in. Of course that doesn’t mean they won’t emerge later but it seems like the judges are pretty oblivious to them. Then again we’re at the point of the season where the real contenders tend to emerge. Last night saw the departure of the last person that was an easy pick to not be there. Once Sweet P and Chris are gone there will truly be no extra fabric left in this sewing room.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.